July 3, 2012

Travels never blogged: Part 4: Søgaardlejren, Denmark

So on to Denmark! And science! The course was terribly helpful. And taught by just brilliant people. It mostly consisted of 1) Convert ALL the dB to SPL 2) Calibrate ALL the things 3) Look at ALL the harbor porpoises. Just look at them. They are adorable. I flew into Copenhagen. It was lovely. I was there only briefly (overnight on each end). And I spent my brief time there sleeping and finding a laundromat. Note: Laundromat was in red light district--even more depressing at 9AM.
The first part of the class was in Søgaardlejren. It was on a "base" for the Danish equivalent of the National Guard. 

We stayed here:
  

One of the many paths
We did lots of recordings of bats that were hunting over the lake

I wandered around here


And may I add: Thatched roof!


No comments: